Monday, July 12, 2010

Shop For NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children


Every chapter in this book is an awakening in parenting. From the chapter about language acquisition to the chapter about lying. I always felt like perhaps my style of parenting was off a bit because it didn't quite fall in line with those of other parents around me. Come to find out, intuitively, I was following much of the advice given in this book! I was especially intrigued by the chapter discussing executive function and the use of the Tools of the Mind program. I am aspiring to educate fellow parents about this method and hope to build advocacy for implementation in our local schools. The data supporting the benefits of this program is staggering and I'm surprised that it hasn't caught on like wildfire in the US educational system! It's success in improving the intellects of young minds is head and shoulders above any other program currently in use! This book is a must read for the modern parent.Get more detail about NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children.

No comments:

Post a Comment