Sunday, June 13, 2010

Shop For Pride and Prejudice and Zombies


The gimmick of this book struck me as fun(ny), so I thought I'd give it a go on the beach, but I think I'm going to give up on it. Instead of a thoughtful re-imagining of the source material, it basically amounts to replacing various words with "zombie" without too much additional thought. So, what made me laugh in the first line of the book ("It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains") was already tired just a few paragraphs later (and even that first sentence doesn't really do anything for the book in context). More than anything, this book just made me want to read Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen's unaltered prose, spoiled by any changes, being the best feature of this book), which I've just downloaded.Get more detail about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment