Sunday, June 20, 2010

The First 90 Days Immediately


Management books are usually not a major topic of interest for me.

Michael Watkins presents a methods for success for new leaders in positions with various issues.

The methods involve: promote yourself, accelerate your learning, match strategy to the situation, secure early wins, negotiate success, achieve alignment, build your team, create coalitions, keep your balance, expedite everyone,

This book will not teach you how to be a leader but it can help you avoid problems when assuming command of groups or companies. Each chapter presents situations where people made mistakes and shows how they could have been avoided.

Overall, I found the book to be useful as I read issues where I could have handled better and learned a few tips to do things better.

I do suggest this book for people as it can help the beginner with advice and I think it can help the experienced manager with a few suggestions to consider.

Get more detail about The First 90 Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment