Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cheap What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures


You know those audio books you listen to and come away thinking "I could listen to that person for hours and never get bored?" This was one of those books. I loved this collection of Malcolm Gladwell's best pieces from the New Yorker.

The content of this book was fascinating, ranging from the success of famous (Ron Popeil) and infamous (Enron), to social issues like birth control and homelessness. Each topic is explored on many levels, using peripheral data, stories and studies that all tie together into one larger theme. It is easy to see why his story on Ron Popeil won an award - it was highly entertaining and informative.

The only section that gave me any troubles at all was one that dealt with the stock market. That is one of those subjects where my eyes tend to glaze over and I doze off. It's a credit to the author that I learned a bit about stocks (even though I wasn't as enthralled with it as I was with the other chapters).

This is an excellent book for anyone who enjoys finding out what makes certain people tick, and what makes some ideas successful.Get more detail about What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment