Saturday, May 29, 2010

Passages in Caregiving: Turning Chaos into Confidence Review


I've been through caregiving with my husband, who was diagnosed with Mantle Cell Lymphoma. Passages is written by someone who has the money and resources to do whatever can be done. What if you are someone without those resources? I couldn't go to a week of spa massages once a year to "relax". He couldn't surround himself with university associates to support him. I could not identify with her book at all.
I never reached the point of "I can't do this anymore." It was an honor and a privilege to take care of my husband until the end of his life. I cherished every moment with him.
How can you allow yourself to think about life after caregiving when you are still with him? That is totally absurd. My life was his life for 34 years. You always hold hope in your heart that there will be another day.
Get more detail about Passages in Caregiving: Turning Chaos into Confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment